Wednesday, April 6, 2011

True Wealth

True wealth

 

S  Our hearts ache, but we always have joy. We are poor, but we give spiritual riches to others. We own nothing, and yet we have everything. - 2 Corinthians 6:10

 

O  Being a follower of Christ is not always easy. People will ridicule us and even hate because of it. Our hearts will ache with the pain of rejection at times. But when we know Jesus we will always have joy in our hearts. How can we not when he has saved us. We may not have physical riches but we have the spiritual riches of salvation and an intimate relationship with God. And the great thing is that spiritual riches never run out. The more we share these riches with other the more riches God provides. We may have nothing but we have God and he is everything we need.

 

A  I often let the world's worries oppress me. My heart aches so bad when people reject me. I must remember that I have the greatest treasure in existence and that is salvation. When I get depressed I need to turn to God and not the world to rid me of my pain.

 

P  Thank you for my salvation Father. Thank you for everything I have and thank you for being there every time I turn to you. Forgive me Lord for expecting the world to ease my pain. Help me remember to always turn to you for everything Lord. In Jesus' name Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment