Tuesday, March 8, 2011

True Provider

8th March 2011

True Provider

S Yes, he humbled you by letting you go hungry and then feeding you with manna, a food previously unknown to you and your ancestors. He did it to teach you that people do not live by bread alone; rather, we live by every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord - Deuteronomy 8:3

O God let the Israelite go hungry for a while so that they would turn to him for what they needed. He then miraculously provided them with food, Manna, which they had never seen or eaten before. He did this to teach to people not to become reliant on themselves but to rely on God for everything.

A It is easy to forget my reliance on God. I think that I  can make it alone. Sometimes I need a shake up from God. He needs to make my life difficult so that I will remember to turn to him. I need to learn to focus on my true provider whether times are good or bad.

P Heavenly Father, thank you that you provide for my every need. Thank you for the times you have make my life hard so that I will turn back to you. Forgive me LORD for the times I forget that I cannot live without you. Help me to keep you first in my mind today and everyday. In Jesus' name amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment